In the run up to the 'One Day, One Story' initiative, we reached out to some of the partner organizations we work with. Abhijit Chakraborty from Pratham Assam agreed to facilitate a few storytelling sessions through Pratham Assam. Pratham started working in the state of Assam in 2005.
Key programmes across the state include - Read India , Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), Vocational Training, Digital Classrooms.
Session conducted on : 6th September
Number of kids : 200
Number of sessions : 5
Language the session was conducted in : Assamese
Robin Saikia sent us the following report about the storytelling sessions that took place through Pratham Assam.
On 6th September, we (the district team, Lakhimpur, Assam) conducted the 'One Day One Story' campaign in the following schools :
1. SCHOOL NAME:- MAGNUWA L.P. SCHOOL, MAGNUWA
GHANA KANTA SAIKIA, DISTRICT CO-ORDINATOR, LAKHIMPUR
RPA, LEARN OUT OF THE BOX, LAKHIMPUR.
2. SCHOOL NAME: SARUKATHANI L.P. SCHOOL, SARUKATHANI
B.R.G , LAKHIMPUR
3. SCHOOL NAME:- KACHARI PATHER L.P. SCHOOL
4. SCHOOL NAME:- NIMURI M.E. SCHOOL, SIMALUGURI
F.C CO-ORDINATOR, LAKHIMPUR
5. SCHOOL NAME:- LOKESHWAR KAKATY L.P. SCHOOL
Different activities of our campaign were:
2. A speech about literacy day delivered by the head master of schools
3. Storytelling (Name of book : Takloo, the Little Salt Seller)
4. A small drama acted out by students based on the above story + some students share other stories they also know.
5. Requesting teachers comment on postcards about the literacy day. Teachers gave us dull support during the campaign. Students also enjoyed each and every event interestingly.
More then 200 students were impacted by the programme in our district. The session was conducted in Assamese.
Thank you Pratham Assam for spreading the joy of reading!
In its third edition of the 'One Day - One Story' campaign, Pratham Books was joined by 1300+ storytellers who conducted 1500+ storytelling sessions. More than a 1000 steps towards a 'Reading India'!
What started as a small step by Pratham Books to spread the joy of reading has become a movement. In 2012, Pratham Books initiated the One Day-One Story initiative on the occasion of International Literacy Day . We will be sharing the stories of all our volunteer storytellers (Pratham Books Champions) through our blog.
View more pictures from the International Literacy Day Celebrations held in 2014.
This blog contains stories sent in by all our champions. Browse through the blog for more stories. You can also go through the tags on the right side of the blog to find stories happening in your own city.